Making it sustainable.
There are a huge number of absolutely brilliant resources online providing incredibly high quality information, videos and graphics entirely for free.
The vast majority of them have the same issue - they stopped creating.
At some point along the line the work became (understandably) unsustainable, as the authors progressed through their training, took on new responsibilities, had less time and therefore couldn't maintain (or justify) the same level of output, and we didn't want to fall into the same trap.
We thought long and hard about how to make Anaestheasier sustainable.
There are several options:
- Sponsorship deals
- Affiliate marketing
We don't like adverts.
One of our favourite pieces of feedback was a comment on how 'clean' Anaestheasier looks, with no distractions or adverts.
For us, nothing ruins the experience of being on a beautiful website quite like having adverts plastered all over the place and popping up in front of you as you're trying to concentrate.
You'll find none of that here.
Sponsorships vs Authenticity.
The second you see that a website is running sponsorship deals and promoting a brand's product or service, it casts into question whether what they're saying is authentically them, or if they're being paid to say it.
We have nothing against those that do use sponsorships (often very successfully), but we don't feel it's appropriate - when discussing high risk anaesthetic information, techniques and equipment - to have any doubt as to whether there is any financial bias involved.
The same goes for affiliate links, where websites take commission for referring their audience on to a third party product or service.
Everything you read here, or listen to on the podcast - is entirely us, and if we recommend something, you know we genuinely love it.
Instead, we offer a subscription to our members
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
For less than the cost of one cup of coffee per week, you get:
- All of our new posts direct to your inbox
- Free access to all Members Area sections and self assessment questions on our posts
- Free access to our Brainscape FRCA flashcard decks
- All of our downloadable PDFs for free, including our drug summaries and graphical flashcards
- 60% discount on our Primary FRCA Toolkit
- Exclusive access to Anaestheasier member scrubs
- Free access to premium podcast episodes only available to members
- Access to join in the discussion and comment on our posts
- Opportunities to work, teach and publish with Anaestheasier
- We've got lots more in the pipeline, so watch this space!
Try before you buy.
You can of course, subscribe as a free member, and still receive each new post direct to your inbox.
So you can decide whether you like it before committing to a subscription.
The benefits of a subscription model.
This is a pure, simple transfer of value from author to reader, with no middle man.
If you feel that having access to everything we've ever written and recorded - with a curated newsletter to your inbox twice a week - is worth a cup of coffee per week, then come on in.
The other benefits
- We can invest into better equipment and software, to make the resources better for our readers
- We can remunerate people for their contributions to Anaestheasier
- We're highly motivated to keep producing high quality content for our readers anyway, but if we can afford to work less clinically, and spend more time on Anaestheasier - that would be a dream come true
- We build a community of true fans*
*Only paying members of Anaestheasier can comment on posts and join in the discussion, meaning that trolls and spammers are far less likely to ruin a constructive discussion, making it higher value for everyone.
A big thank you
We're hugely grateful to all of our wonderful members supporting our cause, and we sincerely hope that you feel the value you receive from your membership greatly exceeds the cost.
If there is anything you would like to see on our site that you feel would benefit you and other members, please get in touch and let us know, either in the comments or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, happy gassing!
(Unless you prefer TIVA)